Friday 27 January 2012

Friday 27th January, 2012 - Milky Way

'Milk chocolate with a light whipped white centre'. What the hell? I can't help but think that chocolate manufacturers just like to keep their cards close to their chests. What is in this little wonder? Nobody knows!


Another kid-focused item, I guess Milky Way is probably actually some kind of nougat. Don't quote me on that, though. Whatever it is, it's a tasty little treat. The middle is so light that these bar actually float in water. I don't think any other chocolate bar can claim that, so of course this was used in a European advertising campaign! I like to bite off all the chocolate first then eat the middle! ^_^

The Australian version of Milky Way is quite similar to the ones you get over here, apart from the fact that the centre is kinda chocolate flavoured. They sound good, don't they! In the States, it's different again, and actually their Milky Way is the equivalent of our Mars. I've never understood why they have to call things different names in different places. It just makes me think you might experience some kind of chocolate based trauma if you tried to buy something abroad D:

Contrary to popular belief, the bar isn't named after the galaxy Milky Way, but a malted milk drink that was popular when the chocolate bar was invented back in the 30s.

No comments:

Post a Comment