Thursday 26 January 2012

Thursday 26th January, 2012 - Hershey's Milk Chocolate

Kinda feel sorry for this bar, if you can believe it. Having researched it, it appears it's almost unanimous - This bar tastes a little like sick...!



The good thing about this (can hardly believe I said that :S) is that there IS a reason for it. Hershey's chocolate contains butyric acid, which can be found in vomit, among other things. Nice!

To be honest, I really did try hard to like this chocolate. I like the simple packaging, and at one time I had a real affection for Hershey's kisses, which I believe are made from this stuff. However, it's very sweet, and I have to wonder if it's just because I was quite a bit younger and my tastebuds weren't quite as refined. I think saying it tastes like sick is going a little far. It's a bit like cooking chocolate, I think, or christmas tree chocolates. Americans think Brits are snobby for turning their noses up at this, but I think that if they tried Cadburys they'd realise why we don't like this! On the plus side, it is kosher though, in the most literal sense of the word!

I shall be taking the remainder of this giant bar into the office I think, so I can force it on share it with everyone else ;)

2 comments:

  1. Richard Odsox Joyce26 January 2012 at 18:29

    Did you ever read Bill Bryson's Notes from a Small Island? He's an American that moved to England, and he devotes three or four pages to tasting his first Cadbury's chocolate bar at a train station. It sounds like it was a real epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only Hershey's bar I can stomach is the Cookies and Cream one.

    ReplyDelete