Sunday 1 January 2012

Sunday 1st January, 2012 - Mars

So... welcome to my blog. I've never done anything like this before, but what started off as a 365 project for me to eat a different bar of chocolate every day for a year has taken on a life of it's own and turned into this.

The rules are simple. For every day this year, I shall eat a different kind of chocolate and then blog about it (my other new year's resolution is to get more exercise, so hopefully this will balance things out). Since it's a leap year, this will be 366 different kinds. 366! Are there even 366 different kinds of chocolate? I guess we'll find out. It's a tough job but someone has to do it... right?

I thought I'd start with a classic... the Mars bar.


Since Mars is a favourite of mine, I of course already knew it would be delicious. Unfortunately, this one was a bit cold and not gooey as I like them. Still good, though. These are described as 'milk chocolate with soft nougat and caramel centre'. Has anyone ever noticed that the 'nougat' in these isn't quite the same as any other 'nougat' ever? Feel free to prove me wrong if you think this is incorrect!

A fact about Mars... Because Canada has higher chocolate standards, Mars are labelled as candy bars and not chocolate bars, and the packaging makes no mention of chocolate at all.

Really must try a deep fried Mars at some point... anyone ever had one? :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice idea, quite a feat to pull it off so best of luck! I suppose you only have to find 183 bars and try them with and without deep fat frying, I'm sure Ben and Ian will want to help as they have experimented with deep frying other foods like MacDonalds ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milkybar and all it's various offshoots. You'll be in chocolate heaven with those! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time, let the chocolate bar reach room temp before consumption...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes i have! It Was lush, I also like to melt these bad boys and put them on ice cream.
    Sian, I love you, this is an amazing idea! xx

    ReplyDelete