Tuesday 24 January 2012

Tuesday 24th January, 2012 - Milkybar

OK I should point out right here and now... I'm not a fan of white chocolate. It shouldn't even be classed as chocolate, with a cocoa content that low...! Still, here we go!




I'm sure everyone knows about the Milkybar kid. What you may not know is that the newest Milkybar kid is a little girl. Hinetaapora Short won a competition, and is now the current face of the 'chocolate' bar. This surprised me; I'd heard they weren't allowed to have a real life Milkybar kid any more, since a black kid got denied the role. Unsurprisingly, I'm not actually able to find any evidence on this! There have been 9 Milkybar kids since the first advert in 1961, and 'he' turned 50 last year. I've got a friend who looks like the Milkybar kid :3 luckily, it's not this guy! He went out on Halloween as the Dairy Milk kid. He's controversial like that ;)

Milkybar's aren't that bad, and if I was going to have some white chocolate this is probably what I'd opt for. If nothing else, being aimed at kids they contain all natural ingredients. Very sweet, they'll also give you a good sugar fix, if that's what you're craving!

2 comments:

  1. Permission to treat you to a bar of the best white chocolate known to man? You have to review it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course, to both your kind offer and caveat ;)

    ReplyDelete