Saturday 7 January 2012

Saturday 7th January, 2012 - Fudge

Last of the Cadburys today sadly :( but that does mean I get to go chocolate shopping :D


Fudge was advertised in the 80s and early 90s with a peculiar little jingle:


`A finger o` Fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat,

A finger o` Fudge is just enough until it`s time to eat,

It`s full of Cadbury`s goodness, and very small and neat,

A finger o` Fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat`

If I'm honest, I  don't actually remember this. I also think they must have stopped advertising it, because I actually can't recall ever seeing an ad for Fudge bars!

Fudge bars, in my opinion, are probably one of the weakest products in the Cadbury range. The fudge is very sweet, but not particularly creamy, and the encasing chocolate is so thin that it's hardly even worth it. 

Back in my day (I do love to say that), these cost 15p. I guess if nothing else this made them  a bargain. However, the price has now risen to 20p! The fudge bar was first launched in 1948. I wonder how much it cost then?! 

I've now read the word fudge enough that it's started to look ridiculous. Though to be fair, I guess it was a ridiculous looking word to start with :)

1 comment: