Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday 22nd January, 2012 - Star Bar

'I can see a caramel theme going on here' one of my colleagues said to me the other day. Here's another one just for you, Jen!


Star Bar is described as 'A chewy cosmos of peanuts and caramel'. I actually think (this is going to sound mad on account of my caramel obsession) that there is too much caramel is this. It completely overshadows the taste of the peanuts and makes the whole experience far too chewy. This was really quite difficult to eat, and coming from me that's quite a statement!

As I previously mentioned in another post, Star Bar was originally the peanut version of Boost. It's also been called Nudge, and in Ireland it's known as Peanut Moro. In Canada and Germany it's called Wunderbar. I can't think of another chocolate bar that's had so many pseudonyms/aliases! This also means it has that same weird chocolate flavoured stuff in the middle. Anyone able to confirm what that is yet?!

According to Snack Check, Star Bar is one of the worst snacks, nutritionally, you can have, coming in at number 14 on their worst 20 snacks list. However, you will notice that it's not as bad for you as Diet Coke...!

No comments:

Post a Comment