Sunday 15 January 2012

Monday 16th January, 2012 - My Purple Bar

Whilst I feel it would be considering cheating to write about every individual chocolate in a box of Roses/Quality Street etc, some manufacturers have kindly found a way round this for me :) 


So as you've probably already guessed, My Purple Bar is a bunch of the purple ones from Quality Street (aka hazelnut in caramel) stuck together. Nice!

These are, I always find, one of the first ones to go in the tins of sweets at Christmas, so to be able to buy a bar of them is pretty cool. Having said that, it would be preferable if it were a Roses product and not Quality Street. I can never understand why they were called Quality Street, since there's really nothing quality about the product at all. The Purple Bar is same old Nestle chocolate and the caramel ratio is not great.

For a time, there was a giant purple one available, called My Purple One, which had multiple nuts in. Wish I had tried one of those!

The thing that upset me most about this was the fact that it has 104 calories per half bar. That's even how it's stated on the wrapper. Firstly, I think it's a really misleading way to display the information. I've started to notice a lot of chocolate bars doing this lately, and I don't think it's right. Secondly, that means that every Quality Street you eat is worth roughly 50 calories. No wonder everyone puts on so much weight over Xmas...!

No comments:

Post a Comment